Part 2 of the Kohls Cash trilogy. Redemption!
I'm going to break it down to what you can do with your Kohls Cash, and what you cannot do. But first I must emphasize this. Kohls Cash is a COUPON. NOT an actual tender.
What you CANNOT do:
1. You CANNOT use Kohls Cash to buy a gift card. Gift Cards need to be purchased with a legal tender. Not a coupon.
I had a woman come up once and wanted to buy 3 gift cards. Each with $25 to be put on them. After I rang them up and told her the total, she put $80 worth of Kohls Cash on the counter. I told her we couldn't do that since gift cards can't be purchased with a coupon. Plus, it states that on the back of the Kohls Cash. I had to void the transaction and discard the cards since they had been scanned.
2. You CANNOT use Kohls Cash to pay off your Kohls Charge Card. Surprisingly, I haven't had anyone try this, but I thought I'd put it out there.
3. You CANNOT use Kohls Cash to buy any of the Kohls Cares for Kids merchandise. Which is those plush toys and books at the front of the store. The reason? Those are charity items! You can't use a coupon on charity items.
4. You CANNOT use EXPIRED Kohls Cash. The company put this in effect last Fall, 2012. You can only use the Kohls Cash coupons within the dates printed on the front. If you want to use it, but can't make it in, you can use it online. I'll get to that feature later in this post. So if you hear someone tell you that you can use expired Kohls Cash, they're very misinformed. If you are even one day over the printed date, it will not be accepted. But again, try not to fret if you didn't get to spend it. There are always new earning periods. Seems like one or two every month. And again, it's just a coupon. Not real money that you're losing.
5. You CANNOT use Kohls Cash on prior purchases during or before the earning period.
6. Finally, you CANNOT redeem your coupon for actual cash. Again, it states this on the back of the coupon, but I must put it out there.
What you CAN do:
1. You CAN use your Kohls cash on everything else in the store! Whether it's on sale, clearance, regular priced, etc. You can use it on electronics like vacuums, you can use it on luggage, clothing, jewelry, cookware, fragrances, shoes, frames, wall art, handbags, anything that wasn't excluded above. (recap: gift cards and charity KCK items)
2. You CAN use your Kohls Cash online! That's right. After you go through the billing information and proceed to your order summary before you put the purchase through, you come to a screen (both online and on the in-store kiosks) where you can add gift cards, Kohls Cash and promotion codes for discounts. Go to the Kohls Cash section and type in the numbers below the bar code on the back of your coupon. Then type the 4 digit pin on the right of that number to validate the Kohls Cash and submit.
You don't have to spend all your Kohls Cash at once to use it. Say you have $30 worth of Kohls Cash. But you only want to buy about $20 worth of merchandise. That's just fine. The cashier will simply run your coupon through the check reader and it will print your remaining balance. In this example, you have $10 left available.
You don't have to spend the Kohls Cash. Again, it's just a coupon. And like any coupon from any department store, it has an expiration date. You don't have to spend your coupon if you don't want to. It's not like you're losing actual money. Plus, if you're not sure you'll be keeping all your merchandise that you bought to EARN it, I would suggest waiting. The returns are where it gets a little tricky, but it does make sense.
Oh no! You had Kohls Cash, but you already checked out! If you forgot your Kohls Cash at home and wanted to use it on a purchase during the redemption period, or you had it and forgot to use it during check out, have no fear. Just go to Customer Service and they can adjust it for you. But keep these two things in mind.
1. If you had a % off, the computer will deduct your Kohls Cash from the purchase first, then reapply the % off of the new total. So if you had a 30%, and had a $10 coupon to apply, you will get $7 dollars credited to your account. Please, don't panic.The $10 dollars gets taken off first, then the 30% is applied to the new total.
2. Adjustments are recommended to be done at the same store as the receipt. If you take your Kohls Cash and receipt to a different store than the one you got the merchandise from originally, have some patience. The person at customer service has to key in your entire receipt as a return, then repurchase.
In the next post, Return Policies with Kohls Cash. Probably the most frustrating part for my customers, but a lot of them understand once it's explained. So once more, I'll do my best.
Any questions on REDEEMING Kohls Cash, please post. I'll answer to the best of my abilities. :) Until next time folks.